Galwch Draw Gwynedd and Angelsey
Do you have the time and the commitment to help support vulnerable adults in your own home?
Galwch Draw is looking for enablers who are willing to open their homes for a fee to provide:
- Day support
- Short breaks
Or, listen to our interview on Môn FM.
What support is available?
Galwch Draw believe that people should be able to lead the lives that they want, whilst they receive the support that they require in the home of their choice.
We arrange for people with dementia and memory impairment to have day support or short breaks in the homes of carefully selected people called Shared Lives Enablers. The support provided is flexible and tailored to the individual’s personal needs.
Who provides the support?
- with a spare room and a commitment to supporting people
- who are able to provide more than 'bed and breakfast'.
- with an ability to provide a safe and stable home.
- with a genuine interest in the person, and willingness to provide support to ensure opportunities for the individual to integrate into the local community.
- who is willing to encourage the person to continue his / her relationships with friends and family and to attend the day centre or college.
Interested in providing support?
We would like to hear from you if...
- You want to make a real difference to people’s lives.
- You are enthusiastic and motivated.
- You are positive and caring.
- You are sensitive to people’s needs.
- You can work to agreed plans.
- You are looking for a flexible way to earn additional income.
Previous experience in the care sector would be useful but it is not a requirement. Enthusiasm is just as valuable.
What does this mean to me as an enabler?
- Job satisfaction
A job as a carer is known as one of the most rewarding jobs on a personal level.
We will provide you with induction, training and support.
- Paid work
You will receive a weekly payment (includes a generous tax allowance).
If the tenancy agreement is attached to the location, then the individual will pay rent for his room.
What does this mean to me to receive support?
- Support in the community
- Flexible support
- Person-centred support
- Respite for the carer
Galwch Draw is part of the Gwynedd and Anglesey Shared Lives Scheme
Shared Lives Scheme
Phone: 01758 704144