Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of registering for a personal or business self service account
- You must be 16 or older to register for a personal or a business account.
- You can create an account for someone younger than 16 but you will be responsible for the account.
- To register on behalf of someone else, you must have their permission.
- You must be a registered user to use the system – attempting to enter the system without authorisation or attempting to gain access to data in the system without authorisation is an offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
- If you are not sure that you are entitled to use the service, log out immediately.
- You do not have to live in Gwynedd to register for an account.
- When you create an account we will ask for your name, address, e-mail and a password. You can then continue to complete your profile by providing a phone number(s), address etc. If your profile is not complete, we will use some online forms that you complete to populate your profile automatically, e.g. if you complete an online form by providing your address and phone number, then we will transfer this data to your profile automatically if it's not already there.
- You can't link an account to another account without the permission of the account holder.
- You can change details within your account yourself.
- If you fail to log in to your account after 5 attempts you will be locked out of the system for a period of 30 minutes.
- We will use the information in your account to provide services, plan services and prevent fraud or crime. Any personal information you give us is kept in databases which belong either to Gwynedd Council or to a body the Council uses to provide online services on its behalf.
- Council services which use the databases can use the information to identify you. We can also use the databases to notify you of any changes to services / new services which may be suitable for you if you have opted for this.
- We will not give any of your personal information to companies, businesses or third party individuals, except where the law demands this.
- Gwynedd Council retains the right to cancel your account at any time if it suspects the account is being misused.
- Gwynedd Council retains the right to e-mail you about problems involving your account or to inform you of changes to your account, e.g. having to reset the password.
- Gwynedd Council will delete your account if you haven't logged in to your account for a period of 18 months or more. If you wish to have an account again, you'll have to register for a new one.
- If you wish to close your account, please use our General enquiry form. Closing the account means all your profile information will be deleted but data concerning service requests will be kept in Gwynedd Council’s databases or those of a body used by the Council to provide online services on its behalf. If you then wish to have account again, you will have to register for a new account.
- By registering for an account, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Disclaimer of Liabilities
Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on Gwynedd Council's website, some details are liable to change. Gwynedd Council constantly reviews and develops the content. If in any doubt over the accuracy please contact us using our General enquiry form.
Gwynedd Council makes every effort to virus check the files available for downloading on this site. The Council does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused by the use of downloadable material from this site. We recommend that users re-check all downloaded material with their own anti-virus software.
There are numerous links to external websites on this site. Gwynedd Council is not responsible for the content of these third party websites in any way.