Marriage/civil partnerships certificate
We hold copies of marriage certificates for all marriages in Gwynedd since 1837, and civil partnership since 1994. If you are looking for a marriage certificate dated before 1837 please contact the archives service.
If the wedding was held at a church which had its own officials to act for the Registrar, Gwynedd Council’s Registration Service will not receive a copy of the certificate until the register at the chapel has been closed. For advice, please call: 01766 771000.
Buy a copy of a marriage/civil partnership certificate
£11.00 including second class post ( + £1.10 if you choose to use the Royal Mail tracking service)
- How to request a copy?
- How and when will I receive the certificate? Once we have received your application and payment, we will aim to send the certificate to you in the post within 10 working days.
Need a certificate in a hurry?
If you need the certificate in a hurry, it is possible to arrange for you to collect it in person on the day you make the application.
- How do I make an urgent request for a certificate?- Phone: 01766 771000 and pay with a debit card before 10.30am
- At Caernarfon registry office: and pay with cash, cheque or postal order made payable to 'Gwynedd Council' before 10.30am
- When can I collect the certificate if I submit an urgent request?
If we receive your request before 10.30 the certificate can be collected after 3pm on that day. Otherwise to be collected after 3pm the following day.
- From where should I collect the certificate if I submit an urgent request?
- Cost for an urgent request
The cost for an urgent request is £35 for each copy including first class post (+ £1.10 if you choose to use Royal Mail tracking service)
Call us on 01766 771000.